PSO2 Station, the live-streamed program for Sega‘s Phantasy Star Online 2 game, announced on Saturday that an anime adaptation of the game’s official web manga Puso Ni Comi: Phantasy Star Online 2 Comic has been green-lit.
The manga follows the lax, less than weighty daily life of the ARKS force members.
The anime stars the following voice cast members:
- Rui Tanabe as Mitarashi, a “19+-year-old” member of society in real life
- Rie Hikisaka as Tetra, a college student
- Aki Kanada as Ichika, a middle school student
- Sayaka Senbongi as Makino, an elderly woman who loves games
- Tomohiro Satō as Zekuto, the mysterious player whose character’s full name is “Magical Robo☆Zekuto”
- Dolce (voice cast member to be announced later)
The web shorts will begin streaming weekly on the Phantasy Star channels on YouTube and Niconico on January 8. The artists Amane + BeatMario perform the theme song “Ni Co☆mmunication,” and the CD will go on sale on March 20.
The artist Pekeko launched the weekly manga on Phantasy Star Online 2’s player website in December 2017, and Kadokawa will publish the first compiled book volume on January 29.
Sega released the free-to-play Phantasy Star Online 2 role-playing game for Windows PC in Japan in 2012, followed by a PlayStation Vita release in 2013, and an Android and iOS release in April and May 2014, respectively. The game debuted on PlayStation 4 in April 2016, followed by Nintendo Switch in April 2018.
The game already inspired a television anime that aired in 2016, and Sentai Filmworks and Crunchyroll streamedthat anime as it aired in Japan.
Source: Phantasy Star Online 2 game’s Twitter account