The official website for the new television anime adaptation of Yukari Takinami‘s Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan four-panel comedy manga revealed its cast and January 8 premiere date on Friday.
The anime will be made in an omnibus format, with each episode having a different director, character designer, voice actors, and animation studio. The cast, and the director they will work alongside with, include:
- Romi Park and Gisaburō Sugii (Touch, Arashi no Yoru ni, Night on the Galactic Railroad)
- Suzuko Mimori and Ryousuke Takahashi (Votoms, Dougram, FLAG)
- Haruka Ishida and Akitarō Daichi (Kodocha, Fruits Basket)
- Chiemi Chiba and Tomomi Mochizuki (Twin Spica, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe)
- Mika Doi and Shin Misawa (Capeta)
- Ami Koshimizu and Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf, Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
- Rumi Shishido and Yoshitomo Yonetani (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
- Megumi Koshōji and Osamu Kobayashi (BECK)
- Mariya Ise and Masayuki Kojima (Made in Abyss, Monster)
- Yuiko Tatsumi and Akira Shigino (Osomatsu-kun)
- Ai Kobayashi and Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi)
- Tamurapan and Koji Morimoto (Magnetic Rose, Dimension Bomb)
The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on January 8 at 25:00 (effectively 1:00 a.m. on January 9), and on AT-X on January 9 at 24:30 (effectively 12:30 a.m. on January 10).
Takinami’s manga centers around the titular Ekoda, who works various jobs, and explores the city nightlife. While she has a boyfriend, she is more into casual relationships than taking it seriously. She considers popular girls (which she labels “birds of prey”) her natural enemy.
The manga ran in Kodansha‘s Afternoon magazine from 2005 to 2014, and Kodansha published eight compiled book volumes for the manga. The manga previously inspired a 2011 television anime.
Sources: Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan anime’s website, Comic Natalie